[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra] Getting Started Guide

Kenny Johnston kencjohnston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 03:45:22 UTC 2016

   - The Product Work Group (PWG) uses the openstack-user-stories
   repository and gerrit to review and produce .rst formatted user stories
   - The PWG is comprised (mostly) of non-developers
   - We've found the Getting Started guide a bit inadequate for pointing
   new PWG contributors to in order to get them up and running with our
   process, and investigated creating a separate guide of our own to cover
   getting setup with Windows machines and common issues with corporate
   firewalls
   - I heard at the Ops Summit that the getting started guide should be THE
   place we point new contributors to learn how to get setup for contributing

Would it be palatable to submit patches updating the current guide to cover
non-developer getting started instructions?

Thanks!

--
Kenny Johnston