[openstack-dev] [oslo] documentation on using the oslo.db opportunistic test feature

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Feb 23 03:24:17 UTC 2016

On 02/22/2016 09:03 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sean,
>
> yes, please let us know which tests fail and we'll try to fix it.

There are no currently failing tests, this is attempting to use this for
new tests.

Follow on question. I think I hacked together something which gets me
far enough to expose the regression in bug #1538011 -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283364/

However, this only works because I only need the main db. As nova now
has a few different required dbs (we're up to 3 once we get the cell0
work integrated) it feels like we need some kind of fixture to provide a
N dbs allocated. It's also a bit odd to have to do this with a mixin
(which includes the assumption that you'll only ever need 1 db). Is
there a particular reason for that instead of being able to just use a
fixture? A fixture model would also help in being able to allocate as
many DB as you need.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague