[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

James Penick jpenick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:02:20 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Matt Fischer <matt at mattfischer.com> wrote:

> Cross-post to openstack-operators...
>
> As an operator, there's value in me attending some of the design summit
> sessions to provide feedback and guidance. But I don't really need to be in
> the room for a week discussing minutiae of implementations. So I probably
> can't justify 2 extra trips just to give a few hours of
> feedback/discussion. If this is indeed the case for some other folks we'll
> need to do a good job of collecting operator feedback at the operator
> sessions (perhaps hopefully with reps from each major project?). We don't
> want projects operating in a vacuum when it comes to major decisions.

If there's one thing i've learned from design summits, it's that there
should be operators in nearly every session. In my experience the core
developers for each project have been overwhelmingly encouraging of Ops
feedback. Im hoping that, if anything, this split would encourage operators
and deployers to participate more in the design sessions.

Also where do the current operators design sessions and operators midcycle