[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] port neutron thin containers to stable/liberty

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Feb 22 14:15:20 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I thought long and hard as how to not make this an exception and came up with the following.

I would be in favor (+1) of this particular feature addition, on the conditions that:

  1.  This does not set a precedent that features will be backported by the typical +2/+2/+W
  2.  Any feature backport to a stable branch requires a vote on the mailing list

With the above 1 and 2 in place, this is not an exception; it is a fact of how our project operates.

Note OpenStack stable maintenance does not permit backs of features at all :)  I really want stable to mean "low rate of change" and if we are backporting features, we will not have a low rate of change.  A low rate of change repository generally leads to stability over time.  If we continually backport features into the stable branch, the stable branch will be high rate of change, and will not lead to stability.

Regards
-steve