[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade - Nova metadata failure

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 12:56:23 UTC 2016

Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com> wrote:

> Armando M. wrote:
>> Now that the blocking issue has been identified, I filed project-config
>> change [1] to enable us to test the Neutron Grenade multinode more
>> thoroughly.

> Indeed - I want to profusely thank everyone that I reached out to during
> these past months when I got stuck on this. Ihar, Matt K, Kevin B,
> Armando - this is a huge win.
>
> --
> Sean M. Collins

Thanks everyone to make that latest push. We are almost there!..

I guess the next steps are:
- monitoring the job for a week, making sure it’s stable enough (comparing
failure rate to non-partial grenade job?);
- if everything goes fine, propose project-config change to make it voting;
- propose governance patch to enable rolling-upgrade tag for neutron repo
(I believe not for *aas repos though?).

I guess with that we would be able to claim victory for the basic 'server
vs. agent’ part of rolling scenario. Right?

Follow up steps would probably be:
- look at enabling partial job for DVR flavour;
- proceed on objectification of neutron db layer to open doors for later
mixed server versions in the same cluster.

Anything I missed?

Also, what do we do with non-partial flavour of the job? Is it staying?

Ihar