[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] How would nova microversion get-me-a-network in the API?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Feb 22 12:07:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Sean Dague wrote:

> that being said... I think the behavior of CLI tools should default to
> nic auto being implied. The user experience there is different. You use
> cli tools for one off boots of things, so should be as easy as possible.

Thanks Sean, throughout this entire conversation I've been confused
by the apparent overlap or conflation of the API's interface and the
command line client's interface.

I agree that the API should be explicit and that the command line
should have sane defaults that don't violate the principle of least
surprise.

+1

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/