[openstack-dev] [api] header non proliferation (that naming thing, _again_)

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Sun Feb 21 17:50:36 UTC 2016

In a recent api-wg meeting I set forth the idea that it is both a
bad idea to add lots of different headers and to add headers which
have meaning in the name of the header (rather than just the value).
This proved to a bit confusing, so I was asked to write it up. I
did:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/280381/

When I did, the best example for how _not_ to do things is the way in
which we are currently doing microversion headers.

So two questions:

* Is my position on header non proliferation right?
* Is it so right that we should consider doing microversions
   differently?

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/