[openstack-dev] [nova] Network operations on shelve_offload'd servers

Shoham Peller shoham.peller at stratoscale.com
Sun Feb 21 14:56:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

A recently merged patch from 2 weeks ago allows to attach\detach volumes to
a shelved_offload server:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/259528/

Network operations on shelved_offload server is currently not allowed.
There's a bug and a change proposal from a year-and-a-half ago regarding
this issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1299333
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87081/

In the change, I see that core contributors Dan Smith and Andrew Laski
commented that such operations shouldn't be allowed on shelved servers.

Do the latest volume operations changes mean that approach has changed? I'd
like to revive this change and to re-propose it.

Thank you,
Shoham Peller