[openstack-dev] [kolla] kolla-mesos IRC meeting

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Feb 20 13:50:40 UTC 2016

Michal,

I want to make sure we fix all of the problems, not just the timezone
issue (which in progress by the apac friendly meeting).

On 1/15/16, 4:38 AM, "Michal Rostecki" <mrostecki at mirantis.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently we're discussing stuff about kolla-mesos project on kolla IRC
>meetings[1]. We have an idea of creating the separate meeting for
>kolla-mesos. I see the following reasons for that:
>
>- kolla-mesos has some contributors which aren't able to attend kolla
>meeting because of timezone reasons

This should be fixed

>- kolla meetings had a lot of topics recently and there was a short time
>for discussing kolla-mesos things

You will notice I don't give a lot of agenda time to what we have
mythically been calling kolla-ansible.  The meetings are more of a way to
coordinate the project.  That said, anyone is free to edit the agenda and
add topics they would like to discuss.  If there is something that should
be discussed relating to kolla-mesos, please please either bring it up and
ask me to add it to the agenda, or add it to the agenda yourself ;)

>- in the most of kolla meetings, we treated the whole kolla-mesos as one
>topic, which is bad in terms of analyzing single problems inside this
>Project

This happens because I don't know how to break apart the kolla-mesos
issues into separate agenda items.  This is easily rectified by helping me
prepare the agenda.

I realize sometimes we need 3 hours of agenda space instead of 1.  This
happens mostly at release time when we craft our message to the mailing
list, as well as during planning sessions for the midcycle and ODS.  That
said, I'd like to keep the meeting to maximum 1 hour per week so people
are excited to attend our weekly meeting, rather then dreading 3-5 hours
of meetings per week with more decisions and action items then our
community could execute.

Does this solve the problems you pointed out?  Are there other problems
that has triggered this desire?

Thanks!
-steve