[openstack-dev] [ironic] [stable] Suggestion to remove stable/liberty and stable branches support from ironic-python-agent

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 12:17:50 UTC 2016

Hi all!

Initially we didn't plan on having stable branches for IPA at all. Our
gate is using the prebuilt image generated from the master branch even
on Ironic/Inspector stable branches. The branch in question was added by
request of RDO folks, and today I got a request from trown to remove it:

<trown> dtantsur: btw, what do you think the chances are that IPA gets
rid of stable branch?
<dtantsur> I'm +1 on that, because currently only tripleo is using this
stable branch, our own gates are using tarball from master
<dtantsur> s/tarball/prebuilt image/
<trown> cool, from RDO perspective, I would prefer to have master
package in our liberty delorean server, but I cant do that (without
major hacks) if there is a stable/liberty branch
<trown> LIO support being the main reason
<trown> fwiw, I have tested master IPA on liberty and it works great

So I suggest we drop stable branches from IPA. This won't affect the
Ironic gate in any regard, as we don't use stable IPA there anyway, as I
mentioned before. As we do know already, we'll keep IPA compatible with
all supported Ironic and Inspector versions.

Opinions?