[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] will we use os-vif in kuryr

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 10:32:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 09:01:35AM +0000, Liping Mao (limao) wrote:
> Hi Kuryr team,
>
> I see couple of commits to add support for vif plug.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/280411/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/280878/
>
> Do we have plan to use os-vif?
> https://github.com/openstack/os-vif

FYI, we're trying reasonably hard to *not* make any assumptions about
what compute or network services are using os-vif. ie, we want os-vif
as a framework to be usable from Nova, or any other compute manager,
and likewise be usable from Neutron or any other network manager.
Obviously the actual implementations may be different, but the general
os-vif framework tries to be agnostic.

Regards,
Daniel