[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] publish and update Gerrit dashboard link automatically

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 18 01:04:38 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-16 14:52:04 -0700 (-0700), Carl Baldwin wrote:
[...]
> No matter how it is done, there is the problem of where to host such a
> page which can be automatically updated daily (or more often) by this
> script.
>
> Any thoughts from infra on this?

A neat idea, and sounds like an evolution of/replacement for
reviewday[1][2]. Our community already has all the tools it needs
for running scripts and publishing the results in an automated
fashion (based on a timer, triggered by merged commits in a Git
repo, et cetera), as well as running Web servers... you could just
add a vhost to the openstack_project::static class[3] and then a job
in our project configuration[4] to update it.

[1] http://status.openstack.org/reviews/
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewday/
[3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/modules/openstack_project/manifests/static.pp
[4] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/jobs/