[openstack-dev] [oslo] upgrade implications of lots of content in paste.ini

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:27:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Morgan Fainberg's message of 2016-02-17 10:44:50 -0800:
> > I am very much against adding extra data to paste-ini especially config
> > data that is consumed by the applications. I generally understand why it
> > was implemented in the way it has. The oslo_config change that Doug
> linked
> > will make this need mostly go away however. I would like to move us
> towards
> > not needing the extra config data in paste-ini files and instead rely on
> > the oslo_config options where possible. There will be exceptions (such a
> > swift as it doesn't use oslo-config).
>
> That change only affects sample files and documentation. It has been
> possible for applications to override config defaults for ages. Were we
> blocked on making effective use of that because of the doc issue for a
> long time?
>
> Doug
>

> > On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Michael Krotscheck <
> krotscheck at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > http://stjent.pinnaclecart.com/images/products/preview/55008.jpg
> > >
> > > Michael

I think that not understanding the default overrides and also not
representing them properly in the sample config were blockers. It would be
communicating wrong defaults to operators/deployers and not having a
consistent "blessed" way to default override.

It wasn't a hard tech blocker, but I def. think it was a blocker.