[openstack-dev] [puppet] Push Mitaka beta tag

Hunter Haugen hunter at puppetlabs.com
Tue Feb 16 22:09:28 UTC 2016

-Hunter

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:44 AM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Hunter Haugen <hunter at puppetlabs.com>
> wrote:
> > The forge does verify that versions match semver 1.0.0, which states "a
> > pre-release version number MAY be denoted by appending an arbitrary
> string
> > immediately following the patch version and a dash. The string MUST be
> > comprised of only alphanumerics plus dash [0-9A-Za-z-]" thus this tag
> would
> > more appropriately be 8.0.0-beta1 (as per the given example on
> > http://semver.org/spec/v1.0.0.html).
> >
> > The forge doesn't care about tags, but if you have 8.0.0b1 in the
> metadata
> > it will probably deny the publish.
>
> Can we double check if that is indeed the case ?
> I feel it's important to keep the same version format as the rest of
> OpenStack.

 ae% grep version metadata.json
  "version": "8.0.0b1",
ae% puppet module build
Error: Invalid 'version' field in metadata.json: version string cannot be
parsed as a valid Semantic Version
Error: Try 'puppet help module build' for usage

So OpenStack doesn't follow semver? Afaik 8.0.0b1 doesn't even follow
semver 2 http://semver.org/#spec-item-9