[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest]Run only multinode tests in multinode jobs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Feb 16 17:26:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016, at 01:07 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:
> Hi list,
> I understood we need to limit the number of tests and jobs that are run
> for
> each Tempest patch because our resources are not unlimited.
>
> In Tempest, we have 5 multinode experimental jobs:
>
> experimental-tempest-dsvm-multinode-full-dibtest
> gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-full
> gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-live-migration
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-multinode-full
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr-multinode-full
>
> These jobs largely overlap with the non-multinode jobs. What about
> tagging
> (with a python decorator) each test that really requires multiple nodes
> and
> only run those tests as part of the multinode jobs ?

One of the goals I had was to hopefully replace the single node jobs
with the multinode jobs because as you point out there is a lot of
redundancy and 2 VMs < 3 VMs. One of the prerequisites for this to
happen is to have an easy way to reproduce the multinode test envs using
something like vagrant. I have been meaning to work on that this cycle
but adding new cloud resources (and keeping existing resources happy)
have taken priority.

Clark