[openstack-dev] [puppet] Push Mitaka beta tag

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 20:59:33 UTC 2016

On 02/15/2016 01:16 PM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> So is it implied that a version "8.0.0b1" of a puppet module works
> with the "8.0.0b1" of it's parent project ?

No, releases are not synced with OpenStack projects.
The only thing we currently guarantee is that 8.0.0b1 will work with
what our CI is testing, which is something close to trunk at this time.

Once we release stable branches, the repos are configured to go on
stable repos.

> This has some implications, it means there are expectations that
> puppet-openstack is able to keep up with upstream changes throughout
> the cycle.
> We've gotten pretty good at following trunk with the myriad of CI but
> some changes are more challenging than others.

We did awesome progress thanks to RDO folks, that keep up with upstream.
Though we can't say the same about Ubuntu, who are not releasing
packages quite often, comparing to you.
That's a blocker if we want to follow OpenStack projects tags more closely.

Hopefully one day OpenStack will provide official Debian/Ubuntu
packaging, close from trunk, so we might investigating at using them,
instead of UCA. But that's another topic, that will require discussions
and agreements in our group.