[openstack-dev] Logging and traceback at same time.

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Sun Feb 14 02:46:39 UTC 2016

Hi, Doug,

Partly agree with you that " Tracebacks should be logged for errors the application can't recover from." From maintenance perspective, if some exception happened, the engineer needs to find out what causes the exception and decide to do some work to prevent more sever issue occurred. There are many different ways lead to the same exception, only know exception is not enough, even how the route leads to the exception is also very important information for cloud maintenance. That's the importance to record the trace-back and context information.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang ( Joe Huang )