[openstack-dev] Baremetal Deploy Ramdisk functional testing

Maksym Lobur mlobur at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 12 15:36:02 UTC 2016

Hi All,

In bareon [1] we have test framework to test deploy ramdsik with bareon inside (baremetal deployments). This is a functional testing, we do a full partitioning/image_deployment in a VM, then reboot to see if tenant image deployed properly. Blueprint is at [2], test example is at [3]. We were going to put a framework to a separate repo, while keeping functional tests in bareon tree.

Does someone else have need to test some kind of deployment ramdisks? Maybe already have existing tools for this? Or would be interested to reuse our code? Current pull request is to create bareon-func-test repo [4]. But if that makes sense, we could do something like ramdisk-func-test, e.g. try to generalize the framework to test other ramdisks/agents.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bareon <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bareon>
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bareon/+spec/bareon-functional-testing <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bareon/+spec/bareon-functional-testing>
[3] http://pastebin.com/mL39QJS6 <http://pastebin.com/mL39QJS6>
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/279120/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/279120/>