[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Proposal: Separate design summits from OpenStack conferences

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 12:45:48 UTC 2016

> > [...]
> >   * much of the problem with the lavish parties is IMO related to the
> >     *exclusivity* of certain shindigs, as opposed to devs socializing at
> >     summit being inappropriate per se. In that vein, I think the cores
> >     party sends the wrong message and has run its course, while the TC
> >     dinner ... well, maybe Austin is the time to show some leadership
> >     on that? ;)
>
> Well, Tokyo was the time to show some leadership on that -- there was no
> "TC dinner" there :)

Excellent, that is/was indeed a positive step :)

For the cores party, much as I enjoyed the First Nation cuisine in Vancouver
or the performance art in Tokyo, IMO it's probably time to draw a line under
that excess also, as it too projects a notion of exclusivity that runs counter
to building a community.

Cheers,
Eoghan