[openstack-dev] [neutron] [ipam] Migration to pluggable IPAM

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:49:26 UTC 2016

On 11 February 2016 at 20:17, John Belamaric <jbelamaric at infoblox.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 12:04 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 11 February 2016 at 07:01, John Belamaric <jbelamaric at infoblox.com>
> wrote:
>

>> It is only internal implementation changes.
>>

> That's not entirely true, is it? There are config variables to change and
> it opens up the possibility of a scenario that the operator may not care
> about.
>

> If we were to remove the non-pluggable version altogether, then the
> default for ipam_driver would switch from None to internal. Therefore,
> there would be no config file changes needed.

I think this is correct.
Assuming the migration path to Neutron will include the data transformation
from built-in to pluggable IPAM, do we just remove the old code and models?
On the other hand do you think it might make sense to give operators a
chance to rollback - perhaps just in case some nasty bug pops up?
What's the team level of confidence in the robustness of the reference IPAM
driver?

Salvatore