[openstack-dev] [magnum][heat] Bug 1544227

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 20:30:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Hongbin Lu <hongbin.lu at huawei.com> wrote:
> Rabi,
>
> As you observed, I have uploaded two testing patches [1][2] that depends on your fix patch [3] and the reverted patch [4] respectively. An observation is that the test "gate-functional-dsvm-magnum-mesos" failed in [1], but passed in [2]. That implies the reverted patch does resolve an issue (although I am not sure exactly how).
>
> I did notice there are several 404 errors from Neutron, but those errors exist in successful tests as well so I don't think they are the root cause.

Hi,

Interestingly, [2] fails with a different error. At some point, we get
the following error:

Unable to find network with name '3bc0ffd2-6c4a-4e46-9a0e-4fbc91920daf'

It doesn't make much sense, because we retrieve that network seconds
before, but suddenly it fails. In the neutron log, you can find this:

SAWarning: The IN-predicate on "ml2_network_segments.network_id" was
invoked with an empty sequence. This results in a contradiction, which
nonetheless can be expensive to evaluate.  Consider alternative
strategies for improved performance.

It's possible that patch highlights a bug in neutron.

--
Thomas