[openstack-dev] [magnum][heat] Bug 1544227

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 05:46:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

We did some analysis of the issue you are facing.

One of the issues from heat side is, we convert None(singleton) resource references
to 'None'(string) and the translation logic is not ignoring them. Though we don't
apply translation rules to resource references[1].We don't see this issue after
this patch[2].

The issue you mentioned below with respect to SD and SDG, does not look like
something to do with this patch. I also see the similar issues when you tested with
the reverted patch[3].

I also noticed that there are some 404 from neutron in the engine logs[4] for the test patch.
I did not notice them when I tested locally with the templates you had provided.

Having said that, we can still revert the patch, if that resolves your issue.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/translation.py#L234
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/278576/
[3]http://logs.openstack.org/78/278778/1/check/gate-functional-dsvm-magnum-k8s/ea48ba2/console.html#_2016-02-11_03_07_49_039
[4] http://logs.openstack.org/78/278578/1/check/gate-functional-dsvm-magnum-swarm/51eeb3b/logs/screen-h-eng.txt