[openstack-dev] [Nova][Cinder] Multi-attach, determining when to call os-brick's connector.disconnect_volume

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Feb 11 00:12:52 UTC 2016

But the issue is, when told to detach, some of the drivers do bad things. then, is it the driver's issue to refcount to fix the issue, or is it nova's to refcount so that it doesn't call the release before all users are done with it? I think solving it in the middle, in cinder's probably not the right place to track it, but if its to be solved on nova's side, nova needs to know when it needs to do it. But cinder might have to relay some extra info from the backend.

Either way, On the driver side, there probably needs to be a mechanism on the driver to say it either can refcount properly so its multiattach compatible (or that nova should refcount), or to default to not allowing multiattach ever, so existing drivers don't break.

Thanks,
Kevin