[openstack-dev] [neutron] [ipam] Migration to pluggable IPAM

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Wed Feb 10 23:19:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Technically we can make this as sophisticated and seamless as we want, but
> this is a one-off, once it's done the pain goes away, and we won't be doing
> another migration like this ever again. So I wouldn't over engineer it.

Frankly, I was worried that going the other way was over-engineering
it.  It will be more difficult for us to manage this transition.

I'm still struggling to see what makes this particular migration
different than other cases where we change the database schema and the
code a bit and we automatically migrate everyone to it as part of the
routine migration.  What is it about this case that necessitates
giving the operator the option?

Carl