[openstack-dev] [infra][keystone][kolla][bandit] linters jobs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Feb 10 19:55:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

the pep8 target is our usual target to include style and lint checks and
thus is used besides pep8 also for doc8, bashate, bandit, etc as
documented in the PTI (=Python Test Interface,
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/cti/python_cti.html).

We've had some discussions to introduce a new target called linters as
better name for this and when I mentioned this in a few discussions, it
resonated with these projects. Unfortunately, I missed the relevance of
the PTI for such a change - and changing the PTI to replace pep8 with
linters and then pushing that one through to all projects is more than I
can commit to right now.

I apologize for being a too eager and will send patches for official
projects moving them back to pep8, so consider this is heads up and
background about my incoming patches with topic "pti-pep8-linters".

If somebody else wants to do the whole conversion in the future, I can
give pointers on what to do,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)