[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Multi release packages

Alexey Shtokolov ashtokolov at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 10 13:04:54 UTC 2016

Fuelers,

We are discussing the idea to extend the multi release packages for plugins.

Fuel plugin builder (FPB) can create one rpm-package for all supported
releases (from metadata.yaml) but we can specify only deployment scripts
and repositories per release.

Current release definition (in metadata.yaml):
    - os: ubuntu
      version: liberty-8.0
      mode: ['ha']
      deployment_scripts_path: deployment_scripts/
      repository_path: repositories/ubuntu

So the idea [0] is to make releases fully configurable.
Suggested changes for release definition (in metadata.yaml):
      components_path: components_liberty.yaml
      deployment_tasks_path: deployment_tasks_liberty/ # <- folder
      environment_config_path: environment_config_liberty.yaml
      network_roles_path: network_roles_liberty.yaml
      node_roles_path: node_roles_liberty.yaml
      volumes_path: volumes_liberty.yaml

I see the issue: if we change anything for one release (e.g.
deployment_task typo) revalidation is needed for all releases.

Your Pros and cons please?

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271417/
---
WBR, Alexey Shtokolov