[openstack-dev] [designate] : Facing issue in automatically creating designate records when Nova instance gets created

Sharma Swati6 sharma.swati6 at tcs.com
Wed Feb 10 04:26:19 UTC 2016

 Hi All,

I am able to create manual designate records by using-

designate record-create 3e21787f-8814-4327-9071-0bfdf840be70 --type MX --priority 10 --name rc.edu.au. --data mail.rc.edu.au

I am facing issue in automatically creating the records using nova notifications. Kindly provide help in enabling this. The changes I have done are in-

Changes in nova.conf

[DEFAULT]
notification_driver = nova.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
notification_topics = notifications
notify_on_state_change = vm_and_task_state

Changes in neutron.conf

[DEFAULT]
notification_driver = neutron.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
notification_topics = notifications

Changes in designate.conf

#Enable Designate Sink in designate.conf:
[service:sink]
enabled_notification_handlers = nova_fixed, neutron_floatingip

#Enable Nova notification handler in designate.conf:
[handler:nova_fixed]
domain_id = <replace the id I get from domain-list command>
notification_topics = notifications
control_exchange = 'nova'
format = '%(display_name)s.%(domain)s'

#Enable Neutron notification handler in designate.conf:
[handler:neutron_floatingip]
domain_id = <replace the id I get from domain-list command>
notification_topics = notifications
control_exchange = 'neutron'
format = '%(display_name)s.%(domain)s'

Restart designate, nova and neutron services

I am following the instructions from this document- https://www.openstack.org/assets/presentation-media/Designate-Workshop.pdf

Thanks & Regards
 Swati Sharma
 System Engineer
 Tata Consultancy Services
 Ground to 8th Floors, Building No. 1 & 2,
 Skyview Corporate Park, Sector 74A,NH 8
 Gurgaon - 122 004,Haryana
 India
 Cell:- +91-9717238784