[openstack-dev] [bug-smash] Global OpenStack Bug Smash Mitaka

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 8 13:55:21 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-07 03:19:45 +0000 (+0000), Wang, Shane wrote:
> You are over worried about the new contributors. We are going to
> limit the number of attendees, and from my experience and
> knowledge, most of developers who join bug smash are old and
> experienced OpenStack developers, and they already have ATC codes.
> On the other hand, if those events don't exist, you are not able
> to stop new contributors from submitting and merging individual
> patches or fixes. You might set a deadline of sending the ATC
> codes - say some Release Candidate.

As I said in my previous message, we do set a deadline: the main
feature freeze listed on the release schedule. I was merely pointing
out that the deadline for contributors to qualify for registration
discounts is prior to this Bug Smash event, and so any contributions
made during the event won't solely qualify anyone for a registration
code. Some of our conference coordinators had expressed concern that
new or latent contributors participating in the Bug Smash may be
expecting a discount code, so I volunteered to send a follow-up to
this thread on their behalf.
--
Jeremy Stanley