[openstack-dev] [nova] Migration progress

Timofei Durakov tdurakov at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 8 09:28:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

In case of live-migration reporting I'd rather go with real-time stats,
queried from compute, instead of reporting this data to db first. While
amount of of rpc requests/db updates is relatively small, total number of
such requests depends on amount of active migrations. While realtime data
from compute allows to decrease it. Not every migration will trigger
operator to gather statistics, and each of triggered will require only 2
rpc per request instead of 2 rpc and db write per 3/5/etc. seconds.

Timofey.