[openstack-dev] [keystone][ec2-api][heat] Moving EC2 Auth and S3Token to Externally supported

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Sun Feb 7 11:42:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 05:57:56PM +0000, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
>    Might double check with the heat folks. I think they use some of it with
>    wait conditions still?

Yes, we depend on the heat-api-cfn by default for many resources atm, which
requires the keystone ec2tokens API.

I started a thread recently to discuss changing some of these defaults (in
particular, so native OS:: heat resources no longer require the CFN
compatibility API by default:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/084693.html

Even when that is done, we'll still need the ec2tokens API for folks that
want to run the cfn compatible API, so it'd be good to ensure we keep
that in mind and ensure a solid plan for keeping that working.

When a plan is made for when/where the code will move, feel free to ping me
so we can work out a plan for testing things on the heat side.

Thanks!

Steve