[openstack-dev] Announcing Ekko -- Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:12:58 UTC 2016

Actually, keeping track of changed blocks on cinder volumes would make the
cinder incremental backup substantially more efficient... Something could
push them into cinder at detach time, and an api call for cinder to pull
them at live backup time, and cinder backup can do the rest... Not sure of
the none-cinder bits of the architecture, but certainly an interesting
idea. In the event something goes wrong, cinder can assume the while device
has changed or fall back to the current mechanism, so it is back compatible
from a tenant point of view...