[openstack-dev] [fuel] Fuel 8.0 Hard Code Freeze

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 5 17:14:57 UTC 2016

Fuel 8.0 (based on Liberty) is now in Hard Code Freeze [0].

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/Hard_Code_Freeze

While we're in HCF, only Critical bugfixes may be merged into stable/8.0
branch. Please be conscientious about bug severity and do not upgrade
bugs just to get them in, use our bug severity critieria [1]. Core
reviewers, please make sure that the bugfix backporting rules [2] are
followed, and help committers to backport the fixes for Critical bugs.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Confirm_and_triage_bugs
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Backport_bugfixes_to_stable_release_series

As of this writing, Fuel 8.0 contains 1930 bugfixes [3] (compared to
1552 in Fuel 7.0). Nice work everyone! It's time to move on to the
development of the next release and focus on getting Mitaka support
stabilized in the Fuel master branch, but please watch out for Critical
bugs, we're not yet completely done with 8.0.

[3] https://launchpad.net/fuel/+milestone/8.0

Dmitry Borodaenko