[openstack-dev] [nova] Authorization by user_id does not work in V2.1 API

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Feb 5 14:11:35 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016 02:46 AM, Takashi Natsume wrote:
> Hi Nova developers,
>
> I have already submitted a bug report[1],
> authorization by user_id when deleting a VM instance does not work in Nova V2.1 API
> although it works in Nova V2.0 API.
>
> Has this change been done intentionally?
>
> [1] Authorization by user_id does not work in V2.1 API
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1539351
>
> Regards,
> Takashi Natsume
> NTT Software Innovation Center
> Tel: +81-422-59-4399
> E-mail: natsume.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp

This doesn't feel intentional, and is a good catch.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276738/ was pushed this morning to fix
it. I think that's fine (and can be backported) but needs tests.

It would be good to know if there were other situations that were
different here between the old policy enforcement and the new one.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net