[openstack-dev] [all] the trouble with names

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:38:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:

> I think this discussion is dancing around the edges of a referendum on
> the "duplication" aspect of the big tent.

It is also dancing around the separation of 'API' from 'implementation'.
There is a long-standing disagreement on whether OpenStack APIs can/should
stand on their own, or simply be defined as 'whatever project Foo
implements'.  We already have seen independent implementations of OpenStack
APIs, although not (yet?) as OpenStack projects.  Duplication is already
happening in the wild.

dt

--

Dean Troyer