[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] question on the is_hotpluggable feature

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 5 10:52:17 UTC 2016

Thanks Evgeniy.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Evgeniy L <eli at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> As far as I know it's expected behaviour (at least for the current
> release), and it's expected that user reruns deployment on required nodes
> using fuel cli, in order to install plugin on a live environment.

Ok. For the record, this means running this command for every node that is
already deployed:
$ fuel node --node-id <id> --deploy

Any plan to have a nicer experience in future Fuel releases?

> It depends on specific role, but "update_required" field may help you, it
> can be added to role description, Fuel reruns deployment on nodes with
> roles, which are specified in the list, if new node with the role is added
> to the environment.

Nope, it doesn't work for me since it should run for *all* the nodes,
irrespective of their roles. AFAIK update_required doesn't support '*'.