[openstack-dev] Disaster recovery solutions for OpenStack clouds?

Shahbaz Nazir shahbazn at plumgrid.com
Thu Feb 4 12:43:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

Disaster recovery is an important capability of cloud system. I have looked
around for available disaster solutions for OpenStack clouds.This is what I
have found

   - Project Smaugn (DRaaS) very early stages
   - There are vendor specific solutions like Rackspace has VMware SRM
   based solution

What are other available disaster recovery solutions available out there
for OpenStack based clouds?
What options are available to leverage existing volume, VM, database
replication options in Cinder/Nova/Swift to automate disaster recovery e.g
through Heat?

--
*Regards, *
*Shahbaz Nazir*