[openstack-dev] [kolla] Location of Heka Lua plugins

Eric LEMOINE elemoine at mirantis.com
Thu Feb 4 09:55:15 UTC 2016

Hi

As discussed yesterday in our IRC meeting we'll need specific Lua
plugins for parsing OpenStack, MariaDB and RabbitMQ logs.  We already
have these Lua plugins in one of our Fuel plugins [*].  So our plan is
to move these Lua plugins in their own Git repo, and distribute them
as deb and rpm packages in the future.  This will allow to easily
share the Lua plugins between projects, and having a separate Git repo
will facilitate testing, documentation, etc.

But we may not have time to do that by the 4th of March (for Mitaka
3), so my suggestion is to copy the Lua plugins that we need in Kolla.
This would be a temporary thing.  When our Lua plugins are
available/distributed as deb and rpm packages we will remove the Lua
plugins from the kolla repository and change the Heka Dockerfile to
install the Lua plugins from the package.

Please tell me if you agree with the approach.  Thank you!

[*] <https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-lma-collector/tree/master/deployment_scripts/puppet/modules/lma_collector/files/plugins/decoders>