[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Bug 1541105 options

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 22:08:01 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Hongbin Lu" <hongbin.lu at huawei.com>
>
> I would vote for a quick fix + a blueprint.
>
> BTW, I think it is a general consensus that we should move away from Atomic
> for various reasons (painful image building, lack of document, hard to use,
> etc.). We are working on fixing the CoreOS templates which could replace
> Atomic in the future.
>
> Best regards,
> Hongbin

Hi Hongbin,

I had heard this previously in Tokyo and again when I was asking around about the image support on IRC last week, is there a list of the exact issues with image building etc. with regards to Atomic? When I was following up on this it seemed like the main issue is that the docs in the magnum repo are quite out of date (versus the upstream fedora atomic docs) both with regards to the content of the image and the process used to (re)build it - there didn't seem to be anything quantifiable that's wrong with the current Atomic images but perhaps I was asking the wrong folks. I was able to rebuild fairly trivially using the Fedora built artefacts [1][2].

So are the exact requirements of Magnum w.r.t. the image and how they aren't currently met listed somewhere? If there are quantifiable issues then I can get them in front of the atomic folks to address them.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git
[2] https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-atomic.git