[openstack-dev] [tricircle] Port Query Performance Test

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hpe.com
Wed Feb 3 19:05:18 UTC 2016

On 02/03/2016 05:32 AM, Vega Cai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did a test about the performance of port query in Tricircle yesterday.
> The result is attached.
>
> Three observations in the test result:
> (1) Neutron client costs much more time than curl, the reason may be
> neutron client needs to apply for a new token in each run.

Is "needs" a little strong there?  When I have been doing things with
Neutron CLI at least and needed to issue a lot of requests over a
somewhat high latency path, I've used the likes of:

token=$(keystone token-get | awk '$2 == "id" {print$4}')
NEUTRON="neutron --os-token=$token --os-url=https://mutter

to avoid grabbing a token each time.  Might that be possible with what
you are testing?

rick jones