[openstack-dev] Announcing Ekko -- Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Feb 2 23:31:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 02:04:44PM -0800, Preston L. Bannister wrote:
> On a side note, of the folk with interest in this thread, how many are
> going to the Austin OpenStack conference? Would you be interested in
> presenting as a panel?
>
> I submitted for a presentation on "State of the Art for in-Cloud backup of
> high-value Applications". Notion is to give context for the folk who need
> this sort of backup. Something about where we have been, where we are, and
> what might become possible. I think it would be great to pull in folk from
> Freezer and Ekko. Jay Pipes seems to like to weigh in on the topic, and
> could represent Nova? Will gladly add as speakers interested folk! (Of
> course, the odds of winning a slot are pretty low, but worth a shot.)

I'd love to see a presentation on Ekko, Freezer, Smaug, as well as the
built in capabilities such as Cinder backup.

It would be interesting to see an overview of all the existing and planned
capabilities for backup. It might also be a good way to gain interest in
one or more of these projects, and possibly some operator feedback on
what would be interesting and desired in a final solution.