[openstack-dev] [nova][nova-docker] Time to retire nova-docker?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 29 14:37:33 UTC 2016

On 12/29/2016 8:25 AM, Maxim Nestratov wrote:
> Hi Esra,
>
> Take a look at Virtuozzo, which is supported in Nova via libvirt
> virt_type=parallels. It provides both VMs and OS Containers similar to
> lxc except our containers have beed in production for more than 10 years
> already. Though
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/support-matrix.html looks a bit
> outdated, you still can use Libvirt Virtuozzo CT column to understand
> what features are supported.
>
> Best,
>
> Maxim

I was going to say, of the in-tree container support in Nova, the
Virtuozzo container driver (part of the libvirt driver) is the most well
maintained and actually has CI testing. We don't have regular CI testing
for the LXC driver, we have an experimental queue job for it but it has
rolling failures that no one has been able to figure out so it's never
been made voting.

Matt Riedemann