[openstack-dev] [nova] Outlook on Ocata blueprints

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 29 01:19:19 UTC 2016

Over the last couple of days I've gone over each blueprint targeted for
Ocata [1] which isn't yet implemented. I've categorized each based on
it's current status or what my outlook is for it getting done in this
release before the feature freeze on January 26th. The results are here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ocata-feature-freeze

We have 69 blueprints targeted for Ocata of which only 14 are already
implemented (complete). That leaves 55 outstanding blueprints.

I've broken them down as such:

- Good progress: there are 16 of these which I'm fairly confident can
get merged before the feature freeze given enough focus. 5 of these are
priorities.

- Slow progress / at risk: there are 19 of these which for one reason or
another are at risk of not getting completed before the feature freeze.
Some just haven't had enough (or any) core reviewer attention yet, or
they are wayward changes that look basically abandoned. 2 of these are
related to priorities.

- Not started / blocked: there are 13 of these. Some don't have any code
proposed yet. Several are blocked because of dependencies on library
releases or other projects (some for os-vif or Ironic for example). 2 of
these are priorities.

- On-going refactor / cleanup series: there are 7 of these. I consider
these lower priority as they are multi-release efforts and what doesn't
get done in Ocata can be worked on in Pike.

--

As you'll see in the etherpad, I have notes on each one. If you own one
of these blueprints and there is a note about something that needs to

Keep in mind that the non-client library release freeze for Ocata is
January 19th, so if you have dependencies on os-* or oslo libraries
those need to get released before the 19th, and then after that there is
only one week until feature freeze. With most people out until the 3rd,
that only leaves 3 weeks to get library changes released and 4 weeks
until feature freeze.

If you know that you aren't going to have the time to work on something
please let me know and we can look for volunteers to pick up the
remaining work or I'll defer the blueprint out of tracking for Ocata so
reviewers can focus on what's planned to get done.

If by January 12th we still have changes which haven't started I'll
probably just automatically defer them.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/ocata

Matt Riedemann