[openstack-dev] [zun][nova-docker] Time to retire nova-docker?

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:08:34 UTC 2016

Removed "[nova]" and added "[zun]" to the subject.

Esra,

In short, I would consider Zun in beta version. The Zun project was found
in about 6 months ago, and is currently under a rapid development. Simply
speaking, what Zun offers is a container-oriented API. It is up to drivers
to decide how to implement the API. Currently, we have the first driver
that is based on Nova. I expect there will be a second driver that is based
on Kubernetes.

It seems you are looking for nova-docker equivalent functionality. If yes,
I think the first driver will fit better to your use cases. We bootstrapped
the first driver by forking nova-docker as a starting point. However, we
are heading to a different direction from what nova-docker was. You could
find more details in this spec [1].

Please feel free to contact the Zun team if you have any inquiry. We are
happy to help.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/zun/blob/master/specs/container-sandbox.rst

Best regards,
Hongbin