[openstack-dev] [ironic] early prototype for HW VNC console interface

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 26 09:18:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

While the work on generic graphical console [0] has somewhat stalled, I
went ahead and created a prototype of graphical console interface for some
specific Dell servers of interest for me (iDRAC8).

This of course is too far away from any production use, but still with a
couple of hacks I was able to get a graphical console in horizon Dashboard
connected and operating with a nova instance deployed onto ironic node :)

I've posted my experiences in my blog [1], hopefully you'll find it it
interesting or at least amusing. Questions and comments are very welcome.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/306074/ <https://review.openstack.org/>
[1] *http://pshchelo.github.io/vnc-in-ironic.html
<http://pshchelo.github.io/vnc-in-ironic.html>*

Cheers and happy holidays,