[openstack-dev] [tc] Re: [kolla] A new kolla-salt deliverable

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Dec 23 21:11:29 UTC 2016

Michal,

Really what I was getting at was placing in the governance repository as a kolla deliverable.  In days past we *always* voted on additions and removals of deliverables.  It doesn’t seem like a gray area to me – we have always followed a voting pattern for adding and removal of deliverables.  This repo could be added to the git openstack namespace but then not have it as a kolla deliverable without a vote I think; this is sort of what Fuel did with Fuel-ccp – that proposal is a gray area.  I found when Fuel did  that to be extremely odd personally ☺  I’m not sure if there is a trademark policy or something similar that affects the use of Kolla and OpenStack together.  I’ve included the [tc] in the topic so they can provide guidance on the route you suggested (incubation for new kolla deliverables that are not actually deliverables).

I think we really don’t need the tc to intervene here though, we can just make new policies on our own via the typical policy voting process we have followed in the past.  Before we make any decisions about that though, I think we need a vote on the topic. ☺

Regards
-steve