[openstack-dev] [all] Intermittent gate failures across multiple projects

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 23 14:35:06 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

It looks like latest OSC is not the root of issue - the failure appeared
several ours ago(5?!) and
upper-constrains for OSC was updated several days ago(lxml was blocked more
than 5 hours ago).

Possibly, update of openstacksdk(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/414366/ )
causes new issues.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Steve Martinelli <s.martinelli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Those look like they were introduced in the latest release, and related to
> the OpenStackSDK refactoring that hit openstackclient networking commands.
> We actually released the new version because folks were hitting similar
> errors, but for more often used commands (like listing security groups or
> IPs.)
>
> Is the latest OSC affecting a gate for you?
>

> On Dec 23, 2016 8:33 AM, "Andrey Kurilin" <akurilin at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi eveyone!
>
> I found two more failures related to openstackclient which had appeared
> recently:
>
> - "HttpException: Bad Request" while trying to set quotas via
> openstackclient
>   http://logs.openstack.org/43/414543/1/check/gate-rally-dsvm-
> neutron-existing-users-rally/36518f0/console.html#_2016-12-
> 23_11_31_55_070176
> - "'SecurityGroup' object has no attribute 'keys'" while creating new
> security group
>   http://logs.openstack.org/64/355264/5/check/gate-manila-temp
> est-dsvm-mysql-generic-ubuntu-xenial-nv/9ff7aec/logs/devstac
> klog.txt.gz#_2016-12-23_12_53_44_213
>
> State of latest openstackclient doesn't look good to me :(
>

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 04:31:38PM -0800, John Villalovos wrote:
>> > We believe the error is caused by a bad wheel for lxml 3.7.0 that was
>> > pushed today to PyPi
>> >
>> > Thanks to everyone working together on this issue in #openstack-infra !
>> >
>> > A patch is proposed to blacklist that release and we are testing it now.
>>
>> The fix is now merged so if you're jobs failed with 'Illegal Instruction'
>> feel
>> free to recheck without swamping our CI.  I believe that eleastic-recheck
>> should
>> tell you if you match this case.
>>
>> Thanks to those that found the root cause and worked on the fix
>>
>> Yours Tony.

> --
> Best regards,
> Andrey Kurilin.