[openstack-dev] [all] Using \ for multiline statements

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Fri Dec 23 14:00:02 UTC 2016

There is a problem with the use of backslash at the end of the line, where
if you also put a space after it, it no longer does what it seemingly
should. Together with the fact, that you can achieve the same thing using
() in pretty much all instances (it used to not be true for imports, but
that has been fixed), it suggests that it should be avoided. However, it
does help to format certain Java-esque constructs (mostly with mox) in a
more readable way, so sometimes it's justified.