[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Periodic job in infra to test upgrades?

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:24:11 UTC 2016

Hi Sean,

I assume you're talking about OpenStack-Ansible (was OS-A-D before moving
to the OpenStack namespace), if not, feel free to ignore my response!

This is actually something we're working on - we have in role testing for
some key OpenStack services (Nova, Neutron, Swift, Keystone, Cinder,
Glance), and upgrade testing for the rabbitmq_server and galera_server
roles.

This is a first pass effort, the testing right now deploys the Newton
version of the service and then upgrades it and runs a functional test.
This isn't perfect but should help ensure individual services can upgrade
successfully - and can be built upon.

The next step is to add an integrated build upgrade test, and we have plans
to get that done (it's been an action item in our meetings for a few weeks,
but hasn't landed just yet). If you have any questions or would like to get
involved feel free to stop by and discuss in the #openstack-ansible channel
on freenode.

As an aside, we have some upgrade documentation here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/upgrade-guide/index.html
which may be useful, but it's due for an overhaul in the near future.

Thanks,
Andy