[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] Which service is using port 8778?

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 09:04:20 UTC 2016

Le 20/12/2016 09:29, Sylvain Bauza a écrit :

> Le 20/12/2016 09:12, Sylvain Bauza a écrit :
>>

>> Le 20/12/2016 07:31, Ghanshyam Mann a écrit :
>>> Changing placement API port to 8780 [1], hope this is not being used by any services.
>>>
>>> But I am not sure how to check all used port currently as wiki does not seems to have all.
>>>
>>> .. [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412770/
>>>

>> FWIW, we recently merged a devstack-gate change yesterday that now runs
>> the placement service by default, which is why it's breaking Senlin gate
>> now.
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/409871/
>>
>> We also have a change up for modifying stackrc to start kicking the
>> placement service by default too https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412537/
>>
>> Before moving forward and picking yet another port that could trample
>> another service, I'd rather prefer first that Senlin jobs would
>> temporarely disable the placement-* services so that the gate would be
>> happy, while in the same time we try to identify a free port number that
>> the placement API can safely bind.
>>

> Yeah confirmed.
>
> A working job doesn't show the placement-api service [a] to be run while
> a failing one does [b]
>
> I'm just writing a change against [c] to temporarely disable the
> placement-api service. That will need to be reverted very soon since we
> want to have the placement API mandatory for Ocata anyway but that will
> help your gate while we identify a correct port number.
>

> [a]
> http://logs.openstack.org/31/412331/1/check/gate-senlin-dsvm-tempest-api/b1dfbf9/logs/localrc.txt.gz
>
> [b]
> http://logs.openstack.org/43/412843/1/check/gate-senlin-dsvm-tempest-api/cff7c55/logs/localrc.txt.gz
>
> [c]
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/d86338e968b84d119a59a6873b1d9c7ea17c37a8/jenkins/jobs/senlin.yaml

Okay, so surprinsingly, I just noticed that Senlin was not correctly
declaring the services to start with their d-g jobs.
Since it was using ENABLED_SERVICES and not OVERRIDE_ENABLED_SERVICES,
it was defaulting the services to start by the default d-g ones,
including then Nova and now the placement-api.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412915/ should fix that.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412930/ is a canary patch for showing
whether the gate is fixed by the above change.

-Sylvain