[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Does cinder use novaclient?

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Tue Dec 20 08:23:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 14:44 +0800, lijing at gohighsec.com wrote:
> Hi Cinder community,
>
> Does cinder use novaclient? What's the use of cinder/compute/nova.py?
>
> I find that there seems to have some problems when construct
> novaclient in the file  cinder/compute/nova.py,
>  but I think the file is not being used.
>
> Would you explain the use of this file or how does cinder communicate
> with nova?
>
> Looking forward to your comments. Thanks.
>

> BR,
>
> Jane

Hi,

Quick check tells me that the module is used in
cinder.scheduler.filters.InstanceLocalityFilter [1]. It's a cinder-
scheduler filter that tries to schedule volumes on nodes where the
instance that is being booted will be located.

It's likely we're not exercising this filter in the gate. Can you
elaborate on what's broken in the cinder.compute.nova module and file a
bug so we can track and fix it?

Thanks,
Michal

[1] https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/41bbdbc8a9d445cda51b61d81abbd0e427216c59/cinder/scheduler/filters/instance_locality_filter.py